OK, so I want to run kernel 2.4.16 on my box which is currently
running MDK 8.1 (2.4.8-26mdk).   The main reason is better ieee
1394 support, but that's not really important for the question at
hand.  I don't want to try 2.4.17 due to a few postings that make
me believe it might be unstable on my particular hardware.

So I figured "hey, can't i just get mandrake's pre-built
kernel-2.4.16-XXmdk.rpm and install it?".  But I can't find that
package on any ftp site or mirror (cooker mirrors seem to only have
the latest and "greatest").  Does anybody hold on to old mandrake
kernel rpms?

Or do I have to root around mandrake's CVS for the last good 2.4.16
.config file, throw it into a vanilla kernel source tree, and
compile it myself?

Apologies if this is in TFM.

Mike.