Hi...

Just thought I'd mention that the version of Wine which shipped with
8.1 was a disaster for me, and the version that was in Cooker this
past weekend was no better. Even sol.exe was not able to start. The
RPMs built from WINE CVS (which I downloaded from a site linked from
WineHQ) seem to work fine, using the same config file... so what's
wrong with Mandrake's packages?

I'm not just here to complain, I'm willing to help track down the
problem if someone who knows what they're doing can ask some pointed
questions. I know what to do with a debugger but I don't have any
experience debugging Wine. I'd like to see the issue fixed before 8.2
ships if that's possible.

Thanks for an otherwise great distro,
-- Aaron Peromsik
I don't follow this list carefully so please CC me directly on any