Hi!

I just noted that after having problems accessing my IDE drive
(a IDE-Writer, reading from scd0 seems to lockup my machine, but
I don't use the current cooker... (kernel 2.4.17.5mdk)) I never
come beyond the famous "Loading compose keys:"... message without
manually deleting /lib/dev-state. Can annyone confirm if this
happens in current cooker (i.e. without clean shutdown "rebooting"
hang on startup) ? I'm using the latest devfs, pam, initrd, mkinitrd
and  console-tools from cooker but not the whole system currently.

If yes, please either clean up /lib/dev-state after a crash (or
at least the file causing the hangs), clean up /lib/dev-state after
each reboot if that is not possible or do not use devfs.

If no, it has to be my current kernel causing this strange problem.

Regards,

Reinhard Katzmann
--
Software-Engineer, Developer for Embedded Devices
Project: Pertergrin, a role playing game system