On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 01:09:09 +0100
Olivier Thauvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When I launch xcdroast,gnometoaster, ect, all does not find my cdrecord
> (Yamaha 8/4/24 on an SCSI Adaptec 2940). If graphics tools does not work
> properly, I take a console and I launch cdrecord but:
>
> cdrecord complain me that it can't open /dev/pg* device, and none of this
> device exist. The -scanbus option say me same error message.
> After I have test to mount a cd on my cdrecorder but /dev/scd0 does not exist
> and supermount say Input/Ouput error.
>
> When I do `cat /proc/scsi/scsi`, my cdrecorder and my scsi disc are perfectly
> detect and all modules are load. I think the problem comes from devfsd.
>
> Linux nanar.nanardon 2.4.17-16mdk #1 Fri Feb 8 16:00:03 CET 2002 i686 unknown
> devfsd-1.3.23-6mdk

I am using 2.4.17-10mdk and currently devfsd-1.3-23-5mdk, but I
believe last week I used 4mdk.
I had similar troubles.
It loaded my BusLogic module at boot, without having it specified in
/etc/modules.conf
After that it loaded ide-scsi for my ide cdroms.
cdrecord -scanbus only showed my cdrom, not the burner as scsi.

Doing rmmod on all the scsi modules, and loading ide-scsi without
BusLogic made it show up.
I do not understand how or why it did not show up after boot though.

--
Marcel Pol
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Linux 2.4.17-10mdksmp, up 6 days, 15:22