I think there is a misconception.
I mean, if i add a smb share from another samba Server with drakconf, it
hangs while booting.

//desktop/cdrom /mnt/desktop_cdrom smbfs username=rene 0 0

What do you mean with "start smb without rebooting"?
There should be no contex with local smb service and smb Mountpoints.
Or i am missing something?

mfg
Rene