Ainsi parlait Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek :
> I intended to create a fvwm-themes RPM. I looked into webalizer and
> fvwm2 specs and I didnt beleive my eyes: the program is first unpacked
> and built and then some of the resulting binaries are one by one
> installed _manually_ from the spec.
> Thats probably the reason why webasolve doesnt work (it should be named
> webazolver) and fvwm-themes doesnt compile (it needs fvwm-config which
> is not manually installed).
> To automate the install process I'd suggest patched install which
> installs into $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/dir instead of /dir (which should not
> affect normal installs unless RPM_BUILD_ROOT is manually set)
Have you ever created yourself a package ?
When there is no configure script with takes cares of this, or badly
configured one, it's a lot easier to install manually than to either patch or
recreate a robust installer from scratch. Morevoer, there are sometimes part
of the original program you don't want, such as gnome or kde specific
shortcuts, etc...
Anyway, feel free to send patches for making the two fornenamed package
compliants, and even to forward them upstream to developpers.
--
Guillaume Rousse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html