Hi!

I'm right now compiling a package, and since I didn't yet have the
necessary devel packages installed, I needed to add quite a lot of
BuildRequires and Requires to the SPEC.  In particular I added:

BuildRequires:          libxml-devel, libglade-devel, libxpm4-devel, gettext-devel,
bison, byacc
Requires:               xml         , libglade      , libxpm4
BuildRequires:          libscrollkeeper-devel, libbzip2-devel

Well, it's right, the package (multi-gnome-terminal) requires it.  But
these are only indirect requires.  For instance, every package that uses
gettext should have a gettext-devel BuildRequires.  Also the
libbzip2-devel require shouldn't be in my SPEC, I think.  Same with
bison, byacc, libscrollkeeper-devel and libxpm4-devel

I'd think the following packages should be requir like this:

libxml-devel, libscrollkeeper-devel:   libgnome32-devel
gettext-devel, bison, byacc, libbzip2-devel: rpm-build
libxpm4-devel: XFree86-devel

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)