I always use my Gateway 9150XL notebook with 20 Gig drive, 320M memory,
DVD/LS-120 - CS46xx sound and ATI Rage LT pro graphic. Oh, also a Xircom
Realport Cardbus 10/100 (RBEM-56G)

The Good:
1) Draktools getting progressively better
2) hardware support improving
3) All the latest greatest packages!!!

The Bad:
1) Still sound problems in KDE (reported by everyone else)
2) new DHCP problem - my Xircom card initializes but no "ifup eth0" is
performed - therefore I have to do it manually to get an IP address
3) Squid complains about fully qualified hostname (see logs)
4) Still wishing my SIIG USB Card reader would work (reported it to
harddrake already - vendor product 0x7cc/0x4)
5) An error adding Cooker source to RPMDRAKE (update of lists works, but
get a generic error when adding the source)
6) KDE Konqueror ftp to another machine on local network - hangs

The Ugly:
1) Lilo boot menu - even with bootsplash - Suse has the one-up here
2) No Mosfet Liquid theme included (with transparancy in KDE 2.2.2)
3) no cool icon sets outside of KDE stock (like iKons or slick)

A suggestion:
Could you add an option under the package selection screen of DrakX
under Window Managers for KDE3 Beta 2 ?  This would install KDE3 B2
alongside KDE2 automatically without the hassle of trying to add it
manually (of course with the usual warnings and all about BETA
softwares!) - This would also put the selection under the KDM login
screen for either KDE2 or 3 . . .  This would be sweet.

Attached are the output of drake-report and the /var/log/messages and
syslog for informational purposes.

Overall feel of the 8.2 B2 release is that it is a definite step in the
right direction but has several teething problems and has a way to go
before proving to be solid (hopefully we are going to have more betas
and RCs this go around!)

Have a great weekend all!!
R.Fox