--- SI Reasoning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> First the good, after installing the new kernel, it
> rebooted into the new kernel without forcing me to
> reboot it again before it worked. This has been a
> problem with lvm in the past and it appears to no
> longer be an issue! good work!
>
> The bad news is, that the new kernel (even
> recompiled
> without APIC) no longer suspends to ram properly. It
> is back to old behavior of rebooting when I try to
> bring it back from suspend. This is on a Dell
> Inspiron
> 8000 laptop and I suspect that it has to do with the
> new r128 driver that is now in the kernel. However,
> did not disable near as much in this kernel that I
> have in the past so it is possible that it is
> something else. I may play with this a bit more to
> be certain.

Well I went on a disabling spree.... but the suspend
to ram problem remains. With APIC disabled I am able
to use the function keys and plug and unplug the
laptop from power without it freezing.

Another curious thing though.... I do not have my cdrw
plugged in but I noticed the following modules
running:
sg                     30116   0  (autoclean) (unused)
st                     27028   0  (autoclean) (unused)
sr_mod                 14808   0  (autoclean) (unused)
sd_mod                 11356   0  (autoclean) (unused)
scsi_mod               92360   4  (autoclean) [sg st
sr_mod sd_mod]

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

A requirement of creativity is that it contributes to change.  Creativity keeps
the creator alive.

-FRANK HERBERT, unpublished notes