I have three very different machines to test Cooker on.  I have already
reported on my Gateway 9150XL notebook, and my Asus A7V based AMD
machine.  Now comes the fun one (Gateway G6-400 - PII/400 with adaptec
2940 scsi controller and ls-120 drive)

I apologize in advance for having to attach the logs - but I see no
other way to share the exact config of the machine.

Here's the short list of problems:

1)  Strange messages during boot:

kernel: hda: No disk in drive
kernel: Unknown bridge resource 0: assuming transparent
kernel: devfs_register(disc): could not append to parent, err: -17

2)  Since a while now on this machine - after I install successfully
with DrakX (which appears to perform the bootloader OK - ie: no errors)
- then reboot, I only get LI (01 01) problems.  I simply have to reboot
using rescue disk, "chroot /mnt" and rerun "lilo -v" then reboot - the
world is back in order again - what's with that?

3)  What's with the disappearance of Aurora and the new boot-splash?
I'm not so heart broken that aurora is gone, but the new boot screen is
weird (with the little clocks in it) but I simply get a normal text
boot-up (some things appear to be hidden from me during boot).  And MCC
doesn't reflect the new world (without Aurora) because there is still an
option for Aurora in MCC but it doesn't work anymore!!

4)  I get strange CDrom problems on the SCSI bus (because I have both my
burned and normal CDrom on the SCSI bus) - I have always seemd to have
problems with the CD activity on this machine with Mandrake (since 8.0)

5)  The floppy drive (and LS-120) always shows up under KDE as already
mounted with no media in it . . when I try to unmount it (with media in)
it doesn't allow me because I'm not root

6)  The floppy formatter doesn't like the ls-120 drive and neither does the eject
command.

That's it for now.

Cheers,
R.Fox