I installed Mandrake 8.2Beta2 and tried the option which update packages.
I selected one a mirror site where to get the updates and for some reason
there was a failure upon installing the updated packages.  It also halted the
installation process and force me to reboot without even reaching the part
where I have to install the boot loader and X window configuration.  I
would like to suggest for good that such an option on installation be move
to the last part after everything to make sure that the system would still
work in case there's an error during the updating of packages.  This is to
avoid the whole installation process all over again.

--
Vernie