On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 00:20, you wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> > #printerdrake
> > Undefined subroutine &lang::group_by2 called at /usr/lib/libDrakX/lang.pm
>
> u_p_g_r_a_d_e perl-MDK-Common (dams'll add a precise r_e_q_u_i_r_e to fix
> this)

Thank you. If it was my fault for not doing a full upgrade at the time I
apologise, but a precise require would be a nice addition.

I've rerun the printerdrake setup from scratch. This time I did not select
expert, and allowed it to autodetect my printer.

It detected the printer correctly again and set it up the standard hpoj way

ptal-mlcd usb:OfficeJet_G55 -device /dev/usb/lp* -devidmatch "OfficeJet G55;"
$PTAL_MLCD_CMDLINE_APPEND
ptal-printd mlc:usb:OfficeJet_G55 $PTAL_PRINTD_CMDLINE_APPEND

and the hp.conf file was modified correctly to:

mlc:usb:OfficeJet_G55
option connect-ptal

It worked very nicely throughout in both print and scan mode.

One more comment. At the end of the configuration printerdrake asks what test
page to print out. You can select both "normal test page" AND "dont print
test page" at the same time.

Thank you very much.

Keep up the good work
Con Kolivas