Hi,

mcc looks better and better, I assume the question marks icons will
eventually be replaced.

A. The grub boot loader configuration still needs a bit of work:

1. There is no way to specify any additional parameters, even using the
advanced button. After configuration, I lost 'devfs=mount' and
'idebus=66'. Is devfsd now used by default or do I still need this
parameter on the command line?

2. After I click done, and close drakboot, I am stuck with a wristwatch
as a mouse pointer, even after closing mcc. I am using Gnome and
nautilus.

Additional note, in the Mdk menus there is a config/boot&init, but
drakboot is not accessible from there. To configure the boot process,
one needs to go to config/other and start the whole mcc shebang.

B. Harddrake throws me a black empty screen every time I start it, and I
need a ctrl-alt-Fx to come back to wherever I was. I am afraid this is
not very beginner friendly.

C. That'd be nice to have drakuser somewhere in the control center.

D. The network and security pages seem a bit underpopulated compared to
the others.

E. The program starts on the far left on the screen, then recenters its
window. Couldn't the location of the main window be set before shawing
it?

F. Could the desktop shortcut name be split in two lines? Half of
Mandrake goes out of my screen.

You can bet the whole distrib is going to be judged on Mandrake's
specific tools. Keep on working hard on this one, it looks very
promising.

=-=
kk1