Fresh install last night.  XFree Trident driver is still braindead.  Trident
driver from XFree86.1.0 is a drop-in replacement which DOES work, except
for the Xv extensions.   PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - at least add the driver
to the disto as trident_drv2 or something so it can be installed.

I do not know if this applies ONLY to Gateway Solo 9100 machines with
the dvd player (Trident 9397DVD chip, c-cube hardware decoder).  I
am NOT the only one on the Xfree devel list who has seen this.  Fix
won't be ready in time for 8.2 final (I haven't had time to compile and
test things for them, and they don't have a Trident based machine)

Thanks

V.