Well, try as I might - built kernel, booted to runlevel 1, stopped PCMCIA,
stopped APMD, followed all other ideas on the list - I am delivering an Acer
Extensa laptop on Sunday with Mandrake 8.1 installed so it can be displayed
for all to see at trade fairs. Quite what an impression it will make when
every time the lid is closed or the mains lead is plugged in, or the PCMCIA
modem is removed it simply locks solid remains to be seen. I suppose the only
"improvement" is that the kernel crash report no longer appears, the screen
does come back but that's it ! But out of the door it must go ! In all other
respects it pulls off tricks that I have now idea if they can even be done
under Window$, it's just such a shame it's going to be seen as flaky and
unstable :-(

Owen