--- Quel Qun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-02-22 at 10:27, Schlomo Schwartz wrote:
> > I'm in the process of trying to rebuild the cooker
> > snort SRPM and one of the BuildRequires is
> MySQL-devel
> > which doesn't appear to be a standard cooker
> package
> > anymore.  All I can find is MySQL, MySQL-client,
> and
> > MySQL-bench.  Are the mirrors on which I'm looking
> > missing something or
> > is MySQL-devel really not a standard package
> anymore?

> > Yahoo! Sports - Coverage of the 2002 Olympic Games
> > http://sports.yahoo.com
> >

> surely libmysql10-devel-3.23.47-4mdk.i586.rpm

Why has this package been renamed?  Even Red Hat's
rawhide still calls it mysql-devel (not to mention
what RPMs you can download from mysql.com).  I just
don't understand why these package names can't stick
to the standard of what everyone else in the linux
world knows them as.  Makes Mandrake look like they're
the oddballs.

Thanks for the reply.

-s