On 24 Feb 2002, Daouda LO wrote:

>2002

> I agree but for packagers/developers i think that it's better having
> all libs needed ( even if not mandatory) installed.

You're true if there are any visible changes after adding libguile as
BuildRequires; however in this case it isn't true. There's no change
at all; you still need to give extra configure flags before guile
support is activated.

And even after guile support is manually added, it does compile
one (or 2) more example binaries, which are not bundled with
libgtop binary package at all.

Hence, adding guile-devel is not much different than adding, say,
libusb-devel. Just no effect at all. If there's some unspoken
special need to add guile-devel, then I wouldn't object to this;
just that I feel it's completely redundant.

Abel