Yes, it's true.
Gremlins are real and are residing in one of my system.
I made the discovery yesterday.
The system in an 800 Duron, Beta3 upgraded to current cooker.

I had dled and installed the -21 kernel rpms on another system and then copied them to
a zip disk to install on this system.
I insert the disk and use the command mount /mnt/zip and get the error
Mount: can't find /mnt/zip in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab.

Opening /etc/fstab not only do I find that there is no zip entry, there is no entry
for Any removable device.
No zip, no floppy, no cdrom, or cdrw.
Checking harddrake all device are shown.

Most problems I usually attribute to the DA theory, with me the DA, but even in my
feeble mindedness and approaching senility removing 5 fstab entries and 4 devices is
is beyond even my level of ineptitude.

Truly puzzled I remember seeing a thread on another list relating to gremlins.
That is when I knew that I had them too.

Hopefully they will be confined to this one system, but should they begin to multiply
and spread I will Shout warning so that others may
Beware.

    Charles