Hi Mickey,

Yes, I installed 8.2beta2 on my Sony VAIO 505 and really didn't have any
problem with it at all.  (And I've closed and opened the LCD plenty of
times).  You're using enlightenment?  I can't vouch for that as I
haven't used E in quite some time, but I didn't have any problem with
[un]plugging in my power adapter either.  Are you sure it's a software
problem?  Have you had 8.x installed on there previously?

Cheers,

-Charlie

--
GPG Key fingerprint = 4F36 EC4F 2F2C 5F59 9690  09E5 4C0F 9DB0 8623 53CE
You are in a maze of little twisting passages, all different.