"Brian J. Murrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have cooker updated as of this morning, including glibc and kernel
> and I seem to be having an issue with evolution.  It starts up mostly
> normal like but just before painting the main widget it hangs.  I have
> tried removing ~/evolution and also rebooting and the problem still
> seems to persist.
>
> Any ideas?

try this:

killev
killall gconfd-1
gconfd-1 &
evolution &

or so. I don't know what's wrong, just know that restarting gconfd
seems to resolve the issue (temporarily). Then, later I get error
about the mail component not being able to talk to evolution. At that
point I have to repeat the above. Highly annoying (that's what I get
for changing mail reader from Gnus to Evolution...).

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
The church saves sinners, but science seeks to stop their manufacture.