---------- Original message ----------
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:59:02 +0100
From: Danny Tholen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Cooker] Matrox G400 and resolutions

On Tuesday 26 February 2002 11:45, you wrote:
> > The Matrox driver in XFree86-4 is not as full-featured as the one
> > available from Matrox. Use the "official", closed-source Matrox driver
> > unless your Open
>
> That may be the case, but when you click the "advanced" button in DrakX
> you get to see the other resolutions. As far as I am concerned, 1024x768
> and 1280x1024 should also be among the first displayed choices, and the
> possibility to adjust refresh rate also misses. This still requires
> manual intervention in XF86Config-4...

Or use the xf86cfg tool. It even lets you adjust the screen position. This is my
request
for incorporation into DrakX for 9.0 :-)

Danny
-------------------------------------

However this did not work for me. The maximum
resolution I could get was 1600x1200.

So I had to go in manually adjust it "1920x1200".

This is for a Sun 10W90 24" monitor ( kinda same as
a Sony W900 ".

BTW SuSE has the same problem. Even tho Matrox drivers
support 1920x1200 and 1920x1080 , the tools don't
seem to aloow them. So now, first thing I do
with any distro is throwq away XF86Config and
do it by hand. It is especially painful when yoy have
a 1920x1200 and 1600x1200 side by side on a dual head.

Sinan