Leon Brooks wrote:

> On Wednesday 27 February 2002 22:41, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 27 Feb, at 09:37:23 +0100, Stefan Siegel
>>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> done said:
>
>>>Start aumix to see if the master volume is set to 0.
>>>

>>Yeah, that was my first thought too.  I turned everything up as high as
>>it could go, but still nothing.
>>

> All unmuted? Used alsamixer for an ALSA system?
>
> Cheers; Leon

I have the same problem with my sblive soundcard. I tried the above
suggestions and I see the following in my aumix: only the mic option.
Nothing else. I can play music cds form xmms but nothing like wav, mp3,
or rm. "lsmod" produces the following modules for sound; soundcore,
audio, sound, ac97_codec, and emu10k1. I have arts installed. I did a
"rpm -qa|grep oss" and found nothing. I use WindowMaker and blackbox.HTH

altoine