I'm afraid that with the new betas I've installed, I can't use one of
the most used applications (at least on my machines) -- grip.

Whenever I fire it up, it says:

# grip
Error: Unable to initialize [/dev/cdrom]

Yep, there wasn't a /dev/cdrom symlink to my cdrom (in this case being
/dev/scd0) so I created it.  Still doesn't work.  Even *with* the
symlink, it complains.  Any thoughts?

-Charlie
--
GPG Key fingerprint = 4F36 EC4F 2F2C 5F59 9690  09E5 4C0F 9DB0 8623 53CE
People who develop the habit of thinking of themselves as world