Redoing this expert initial install with no package selection with the
partition type set to Linux native (which does not work without you also
hit the format button) provided an X trial (good!) but X still will not
run at runtime:

(WW) TDFX: No matching device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:0)
found.
(EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
No screens found

.
.
.

XIO: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0:0"
   after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

--
Ron. [au]

Kindly note my new email address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and new web site: http://www.ains.net.au/~ronst/