Hi

Version:                (fmirror ftp.uninett.no)
Mandrake Linux Cooker-i586 20020302 22:30
/ChangeLog/1.670/Sat Mar  2 18:22:23 2002//

rpmdrake-1.4-15mdk still fails to install, but the very same file installs
nicely after boot.

Sound, my ISA card is not reported to be installed, as I am asked to run
sndconfig after boot, but sound is running good on Creative SB AWE64 &c.

First time wizard not tested - I always start with my LAN cable off until the
box is secured -> This service could have a dialog asking to see this again
or something.

I can't reproduce the old Xserver problem, even after five reboots,
congratulations.

No printer icon on desktop.

Gpm and portmap stopped from running after third reboot! At the same time
Ctrl-Alt-F7 stopped to function as a restart of Xserver. On screen I had
something which I would call 'syslog'. Had to use Ctrl-Alt-F9 to get back to
KDE. I installed with security high and am running BastilleChooser with
moderate security. msec is running every min via CROND in promisc_check.

I am running streaming radio in Mozilla and after closing the RealPlayer
window in a nice way before reboot. It failed to run -> 'Cannot open the
audio device. Another application may be using it'. After closing Mozilla and
restarting it came through nicely. I tried to reproduce it, but couldn't.

regards
guran
--
Mandrake Linux 8.2 Cooker kernel-2.4.18.2mdk-1-1mdk version:2002-03-02-22:30