gc> Byron Poland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> no problem, thank you for your work.

gc> as my other mail stated, actually i found out the problem, the
gc> detection was ok but pcitable was outdated. not they're in sync
gc> and "lspcidrake" should report a "yenta_socket" cardbus.

>> Comments:
>>
>> in the research I did to set up my wireless card, I learned that the
>> wvlan_cs driver isn't really being developed any longer, and the
>> orinoco_cs driver is.  it takes modifiying the /etc/pcmcia/config in a
>> few places to work.  can this be addressed for the 8.2 release?  the
>> orinoco_cs/orinoco/hermes modules are included with the kernel used.

gc> the problem is to know if these two drivers support the same
gc> cards? changing this right after all the beta's is maybe not the
gc> safest... chmouel/flepied was do you think?

gc> also, we don't have this driver in boot kernel for this moment,
gc> though this should probably be fixed quickly since it's in main
gc> kernel.

I don't know that specfic card, but there are cards that work with the
orinoco driver and not weth ithe wlan_cs and viceversa :((((

Only that if _that_ card work better with orinoco, then you can switch
that one.

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy