On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 05:33:26PM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> If I try to open many windows at once, X immediately crashes.  For
> instance, if I have gimp try to open 5-6 images at the same time, it'll
> die.  However, if I open them 1 or 2 at a time, it's fine.  I'm using a
> Matrox G400 dual-head (only using the 1st head on it) with a fresh
> install of beta3.  I didn't have this problem in 8.1, either and the logs
> just show a signal 11.

This may be similar to the problem I reported earlier (without
any substantial evidence). My problem with X was when I had
something like 10 open galeon windows and 5 xterms plus some
other windows on a 128 Mb RAM 600 MHz machine. When I ten
logged out and thus brought X dows then not only did X
crash, but the system froze, and a ssh session from
another machine went dead too.

I have not had that problem with beta3 but I have not stress tested it
either, and I lowered my amount of galeon windows.

Kind regards
Keld