* Hoyt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [020303 17:04]:
> While the FAQ entry might be amusing, it's not very professional.
>
> Why don't we remove the dashes by default until the authors make it a
> configurable option giving the user the choice? If you _like_ the dashes (and
> the FAQ author appears to like them so much, in fact, that he will gleefully
> force you to use them), they can easily be added to the sig file.

I applaud the author of KMail for supporting this standard, and I
would encourage all mail user agents to support it.  I use Mutt, for
example, and it REALLY helps when you have a lot of email to read,
that the signature can be made a lower contrast.  If you KNOW the
sender, you probably already know what's in the signature, and if you
are reading a mailing list, I usually don't care much about the
signature unless I particularly like or dislike the posting, or maybe
if I have extra time to spare.

It's one of that class of conveniences that is not for the sender, but
the recipient.  Honor the author's decision and keep it in.

--
Jan Wilson, SysAdmin     _/*];          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Corozal Junior College   |  |:'  corozal.com corozal.bz