On Sunday 03 March 2002 16:17, Hoyt wrote:
> I "fixed" this for KDE by putting a script in ~/.kde/Autostart. Adding it

I did the same -- I've put a short
#!/bin/sh
xmodmap /etc/X11/Xmodmap
script to ~/.kde/Autostart because the changes I made to Xmodmap didn't seem
to work in KDE. I think that KDE is causing the problem, because my special
(browser, mail client, terminal, shutdown, ....) keys also stop to work after
I switch keyboard layouts in KDE (Slovak <-> U.S. English). I have to rerun
xmodmap /etc/X11/Xmodmap to make the keys work again.

> to /etc/X11/Xmodmap was ineffective. KDE also does not like the "XF86"
> keysyms, but I understand that other windows managers do OK with them.

Yes, KDE ignores the XF86 keysyms -- that's why I remapped the extra keys to
F13 ~ F22 in /etc/Xmodmap. KDE doesn't have problem assigning functions to
F?? keys but it still kills my Xmodmap settings every time I switch the
keyboard layouts.

--
DuĊĦan Lacko
[EMAIL PROTECTED]