Le Lundi 04 Mars 2002 22:09, vous avez écrit :
> On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, pascal wrote:
> > I do not understand.
> > where is the eventual bug, in qt 2.3, in gcc3.0 ?
> > Any similar experiences and misfortune  with other distro and ( qt2.3 +
> > gcc3.0 )?
>
> Not a bug. gcc-"2.96" and gcc-3.0.4 does not have the same ABI for C++
> code.  That means that if you want to build a C++ application with gcc3,
> you must make sure to rebuild all other libraries it may depend on but
> with gcc3 too.
>
> Bye,
> Gwenole.

Ok Gnenole
So, not a bug, but I think  users will not understand that concept because
most of them are not programmer.

There is realy no way to find a solution for making compatibility ?

I am not a programmer but a Merchant Navy Officer, by hoby a very small
tester, but sugest it should be great if somme of you could find some scripte
or others making transparent capability for compiling applications using QT
even with gcc 2.96 or gcc 3.0 without turning around the clock

Others, it should be probably more coherent for the distro

Best Regards
Pascal