"Steven Mackenzie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > you can't do this. There's no network modules on the cdrom boot image.
>
> Fair enough. Perhaps the installer could warn when the "display" parameter
> is used, or just ignore it ...

It just tries to honour it without handling potential errors.

> Now, it quits with a "Could not open display ..." message, which might leave
> a user confused as to why the display couldn't be opened.

We can't gracefully handle errors in stage1, diskspace is a
serious issue.

And if we could, I doubt I would even include an error msg for
that :-) (remember initscripts + root-in-rw story ;p).

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://www.frozen-bubble.org/