Ainsi parlait Frederic Lepied :
> Charles A Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

> [...]
>
> > Since this was occurring on only 1 system with the main difference being
> > the vid card, a rage 128, I concluded that there was either something
> > which X did not like about it or in how it was configured. So applying
> > the same non-logic which had worked when on another system I could not
> > get the nvdia driver to load, I # out the Load  "v41" entry in
> > XF86Config-4.
> > Since doing so I have had no lockups.
>
> The problem is confirmed by the gatos author. The v4l entry must be
> commented on the rage128. François could you change that in XFdrake ?
>
> Could the people with a rage128 try this and confirm it is fixed by
> commenting v4l ? Could you report me the lspcidrake -v entry for these
> cards ?
I never used v4l, but i still have strong problem with dri and rage128
Simple test protocol: boot to runlevel 5, and when facing kdm display, switch
to virtual console 12 then back to virtual console 7. Then you have a pretty
frozen display, with logs in the middle windows surrounded by a blue
background...
Here is my lspcidrake output:
[root@bononcini guillaume]# lspcidrake
agpgart         : Intel Corporation|440BX/ZX - 82443BX/ZX Host bridge
unknown         : Intel Corporation|440BX/ZX - 82443BX/ZX AGP bridge
unknown         : Intel Corporation|82371AB PIIX4 ISA
unknown         : Intel Corporation|82371AB PIIX4 IDE
usb-uhci        : Intel Corporation|82371AB PIIX4 USB
sonypi          : Intel Corporation|82371AB PIIX4 ACPI - Bus Master IDE
Controller
Bad:www.linmodems.org: Lucent Microelectronics|WinModem 56k
yenta_socket    : Texas Instruments|PCI1410 PC card Cardbus Controller
snd-es1938      : ESS Technology|ES1969 Solo-1 Audiodrive
eepro100        : Intel Corporation|82559 [Ethernet Pro 100]
Card:ATI Rage 128 Mobility: ATI|Rage Mobility M3 AGP 2x
unknown         : Virtual|Hub []
Mouse:USB|Wheel : Microsoft Corp.|IntelliMouse Optical [Human Interface
Devices|Boot Interface Subclass|Mouse]

[root@bononcini guillaume]# rpm -q XFree86
XFree86-4.2.0-8mdk
[root@bononcini guillaume]# rpm -q kernel-source