Hi, this is a known bug.  I have the same problem on a Gateway Solo 9100
with the same chip.  Is being worked on by the XFree folks.  There is
a workaround.. the driver from XFree 4.1.0 for trident (trident_drv.o) works
pretty well, and is stable, with XFree 4.2.0 (been using it for weeks)

There are a few minor problems,Xv WILL lock up the machine with this
driver, but other than that, works great.

Would be nice if this driver were available in the CD's (maybe as
trident_410.o ?) to install in these situations.

Vinny