I have a CDRW module that I use in addition to my dvd
drive that is built into my Inspiron 8000. I have a
few issues when trying to use it.

upon boot I have to include hdc=ide-scsi to get it to
be recognized. This might be a bit much for your
average newbie. If this is not something that can be
modprobed later or cannot be handled by devfs, at
least you might create an entry in lilo.conf similar
to the default named linux-cdburner which would
include hdc=ide-scsi.

Even booting with hdc=ide-scsi, sg in not loaded so
that I have to manually "modprobe sg" before I can
burn a cd.

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

A requirement of creativity is that it contributes to change.  Creativity keeps
the creator alive.

-FRANK HERBERT, unpublished notes