> On Wednesday 06 March 2002 20:05, Hamster wrote:
> > Pixel wrote:
> >> you do have a kind of marabou here, but as for me, i can't fix
those pbs
> >> remotely with this much information ;pp
>
> > Happy to provide more info if you tell me what to provide. :-)
>
> > Maybe this is the wrong philosophy, but I'd rather attach what you
need
> > after you tell me what it is you need, than attach what I think you
need,
> > and end up creating an email 4 times longer than what it needs to
be, and
> > having you pissed off at having to plough through all the crap I
attached!

> This is kind of a QED to my last post. Hitting the gap between to
verbose
> and
> too plain is not easy, particularly if you haven't been told what the
gap
> actually _is_. Are there data which are universally required? What are
they?

The actual problem is that mailing list is not the right place for bug
reports. Bug reports should go into bug-engine, filtered (support
question/duplicate/wish request/...) and then forwarded to developer if
it looks like genuine bug.

In this case there is no problem to include any needed data at once.
Actually we have now tools to collect info and any bug report submitted
in this way would have at least this info included.

If only bugzilla worked :(

> Exact install name? cat /etc/mandrake-release
>
> What else?

drakbug_report

-andrej