Hi,

I am new to this list but a rather experienced Mdk user.
For some reason I can't seem to get a login on Mandrakeforum, so I'll
start posting the bugs I think I've found here.
It's probably the better place anyway.

Here is no. 1:

I had two failed installs on my machine because the root device (/dev/root
mounted on /) has no space left.

Ways to reproduce:
1) Use LVM and 4 different partitions with 4 different journaling
   filesystems -> Mounting partitions fails because insmod ext3 fails
   because /tmp/ext3.o has 0 bytes. I was able to overcome this by
   manually deleting stuff from /tmp, but only until the next step,
   where I couldn't find anything to delete anymore.

   OK, 4 different journaling filesystems is crazy, but we were told
   to do crazy things with beta4. And people may want to do this
   for testing the filesystem performance.

2) Use LVM but only ext3. Installation proceeds up to the network
   installation step, (I have two ethernet cards, 8139too + tulip,
   plus an ISDN adapter).

Sorry if this is well known.

Btw the error messages on the graphic screen are misleading, so
similar problems may be behind a number of "failed to load module xy"
or "failed to load xyz module" bug reports.

Martin

--
Martin Wilck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Physicist & Linux system engineer at FSC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>