This is on an Inspiron 8000 with the pcmcia card not
inserted upon bootup.

with glx disabled, and dri enabled:
r128 and agpgart are not loaded on init 5
when suspend/resume r128 and agpgart are then loaded
(sections enabled to load these in resume.d/XFree)
system works fine

with glx enabled and dri enabled:
r128 and agpgart are loaded on init 5 but upon
suspend/resume (unloaded on suspend/reloaded on
resume) X comes back up and looks fine but only the
mouse works and I cannot type anything in, the cpu is
in a race condition and the hard drive light stays
lit. I am forced to cold boot it.

I continue to have a problem with suspend/resume
causing the laptop to crash/reboot when I insert the
pcmcia lan card in after a suspend/resume or if the
card is already inserted and I suspend/resume. This
has been linked with pci.agent, in that if I remove
that file and manually modprobe the lan card driver,
the system will work fine. Once the lan card driver
has been removed (and pci.agent does not exist), I can
suspend/resume without issue (as long as glx is not
enabled in XF86Config-4, of course).

XFree86-4.2.0-10mdk
from lspci -v
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies
Inc Rage Mobility M4 AGP (prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown
device 00a4
        Flags: bus master, VGA palette snoop,
stepping, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
        Memory at e8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable)
[size=64M]
        I/O ports at cc00 [size=256]
        Memory at fcffc000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
[size=16K]
        Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled]
[size=128K]
        Capabilities: [50] AGP version 2.0
        Capabilities: [5c] Power Management version 2

I can also create a report.bug if you wish one.

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

A requirement of creativity is that it contributes to change.  Creativity keeps
the creator alive.

-FRANK HERBERT, unpublished notes