On Saturday 23 February 2002 04:59, you wrote:
> Along this line, I can see a lot of potential value to simply
> rearchiving this existing data in its raw form into a topical treed
> structure which would eliminate the need of text searching to find
> answers.  From that point on, comments could be posted and existing data
> could be more easily edited into detailed documentation which at this
> point in time, simply doesn't exist.

When I first started using LinuxPPC, I used to use the resources at
linuxppc.org, organised in just such a manner as above.

The resource used FAQ-O-Matic, available:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/faqomatic/

The entries in the hierarchical structure can be submissible, can be made
subject to approval before publication, and can have more than one
administrator, organised in hierarchical manner, if desired (one super-site
admin, one or more admin for each section)

Might be worth a look, but even if not, it's certainly a worthwhile project -
I have so many bits of email, pdf's README's & HOWTO's, that it's really not
that efficient any more
--
        john in sydney