--- SI Reasoning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Suspend to ram issues continue with 2.4.18-5mdk. I
> even tried recompiling without APIC and with the old
> ATI r128 driver. No difference though,
> suspend/resume
> still causes crash/reboot. Checking the mailing
> list,
> it does not appear that others are having this
> problem
> and it seems to be a Mandrake specific one. Also, I
> can still use 2.4.17-16mdk (without APIC) without
> issue. Maybe a review of some patches entered in
> 2.4.17-17mdk (possibly 2.4.17-18mdk as I may have
> skipped one) might find the culprit.

Here is one possibility. I remember when 2.4.17-16mdk
came out, it was the first one to work with suspend to
ram. In looking at changelogs I noticed these things
of interest:

2.4.17-16mdk:
add netfilter fixes (P436)
added support for rawio to devfs (P1007)

2.4.17-17mdk
remove netfilter patch
fix rawio (from rh)
early dmi scan (from rh)
page_cache_size fix
redo all the configurations

possibly the bug lies somewhere in there?

=====