Hardware:
ASUS A7V133 Motherboard with Athlon 800, 512mb memory
hda = 10gb UDMA/66 HD with some other OS
hdb = 8.4gb UDMA/66 HD Ext2 formatted, empty.
hde = 30gb UDMA/100 with Mandrake 8.1 installed. Root directory on hde5.
Hda and hdb are on the primary IDE connector.  Hde is on the primary
Ultra ATA 100 connector.

Problem:  When attempting to upgrade to beta 4, install fails because it
can't locate the root directory.

I originally got Linux installed on this drive by putting it on one of
the IDE connectors, moving it to the ATA 100 after installation and
changing the appropriate lilo and /etc/fstab parameters.  I would rather
  not have to do that for an upgrade.

--
Gary Walsh      Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]