Hi,

I just installed 8.2RC1 (fresh install in expert mode) on the following
system:

AMD Athlon processor
FP-KT133+ Motherboard
512MB RAM
Nvidia TNT2 32M video card
Zip 100 usb drive
HDA: Maxtor 52049h3 20G 7200rpm
HDB: Samsung CD-R/RW SW-206
HDD: Maxtor 4k040h2 40G 5400 rpm

I just bought a QuickCam Express webcam so I tried to make it work under
Mandrake. Modprobing videodev and mod_quickcam goes without any errors
buth the when I try opening gqcam I get the folowing error:

[root@mydotcom baal]# gqcam
/dev/video: Is a directory

If I try to open XawTV I get this message:

[root@mydotcom baal]# XawTV
full pci_probe
This is xawtv-3.72, running on Linux/i686 (2.4.18-5mdk)
can't open /dev/v4l/video0: No such file or directory
v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway
v4l: open /dev/v4l/video0: No such file or directory
v4l2: open /dev/v4l/video0: No such file or directory
no video grabber device available

So the programs look at two différents places and both can' t find the
device? Where is it? By the way /dev/video is an empty folder...

Also, if this can be useful, Camera appears in red in the usbview
program with the following informations:

Camera
Speed: 12Mb/s (full)
USB Version:  1.10
Device Class: ff(vend.)
Device Subclass: ff
Device Protocol: ff
Maximum Default Endpoint Size: 8
Number of Configurations: 1
Vendor Id: 046d
Product Id: 0870
Revision Number:  1.00

Config Number: 1
Number of Interfaces: 1
Attributes: 80
MaxPower Needed:  90mA

Interface Number: 0
Name: (none)
Alternate Number: 0
Class: ff(vend.)
Sub Class: 0
Protocol: 0
Number of Endpoints: 2

Endpoint Address: 81
Direction: in
Attribute: 1
Type: Isoc
Max Packet Size: 0
Interval:   1ms

Endpoint Address: 82
Direction: in
Attribute: 3
Type: Int.
Max Packet Size: 1
Interval:  16ms

Interface Number: 0
Name: (none)
Alternate Number: 1
Class: ff(vend.)
Sub Class: 0
Protocol: 0
Number of Endpoints: 2

Endpoint Address: 81
Direction: in
Attribute: 1
Type: Isoc
Max Packet Size: 1023
Interval:   1ms

Endpoint Address: 82
Direction: in
Attribute: 3
Type: Int.
Max Packet Size: 1
Interval:  16ms

Anyone has an idea of how I can fix this? Any other details needed?

Thank You...

Baal