Hey All,
        I know I've been harping on this for awhile now but I have more evidence to
support the fact that there is a bug in the ATA133 patch that's in
kernel-2.4.18.5mdk-1-1mdk.  This is the bug that makes the 8.2 install
fail on my machine.  This is also the bug that hangs my stable installation
when kernel-2.4.18.5mdk-1-1mdk is installed.
        Yesterday, I installed kernel-linus2.4-2.4.18-1mdk on my stable 8.1
installation.  It works flawlessly.  I would really like to see this fixed
before release because for me, this *IS* a show stopper.  My 2nd hard drive
is on the ATA133 card (a Promise UltraTX2 using this the PDC20269 chipset).
It cannot use DMA on the stable 8.1 kernel or on the linux 2.4.18 kernel but
it can in the Mandrake 2.4.18 kernel.  The transfers to and from that drive
without the patch are ~2mb/s and slow my machine waaaaay down since it's not
using DMA.  With the patch transfers go at ~36mb/s sustained with hardly a
slowdown on my machine.
        Is anyone else having problems with this?  Is anyone at Mandrake looking
into it?  Thanks -- Dave