I don't know if this has already been posted (if it has, I haven't seen
anything about it and it hasn't been fixed as of yesterday's cooker).

When starting an xterm (in my case, I prefer an Eterm) I've been getting
this error:

TMOUT: readonly variable

After doing some detective work, $HOME/.bashrc sources /etc/bashrc that
has an if statement that sources /etc/profile.d/msec.sh which, in turn,
sources /etc/sysconfig/msec which, finally, contains four ENV variables:

UMASK_ROOT=022
SECURE_LEVEL=2
UMASK_USER=022
TMOUT=0

Ah ha!  Once that last TMOUT entry is commented out, the error message
goes away!  If TMOUT is a readonly variable as the error message
says, should this line be there?

Thanks,

-Charlie
--
GPG Key fingerprint = 4F36 EC4F 2F2C 5F59 9690  09E5 4C0F 9DB0 8623 53CE
In America today ... we have Woody Allen, whose humor has become so