Il 19:11, venerd́ 15 marzo 2002, Till Kamppeter ha scritto:
> For me it looks like an evil Windows bug. Use your Linux machine as the
> print server (server tasks on Windows are generally not a very good
> idea). Install Samba on it so that the Windows machine prints as a
> client on your printer.
>
>     Till

I suggest it too. I actually use samba+cups as printserver, with about 60
queues. It works great!  :o)
By the way Till, I'm going to realize a new printserver with incoming 8.2.
Since all of the printers use jetdirect protocol, I can use both CUPS or
LPRng. What would you suggest depending on your experience?
Thanks in advance,
Claudio

--
Claudio Panichi, System/Network Admin at Dept. of Physics
"Tor Vergata" University and INFN - Sec. "Roma II"