Ron Stodden wrote:

> Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
>
> > Can you change XFree config file to obtain a working situation?
> > If you can, please provide the diff between the auto
> > configuration and this working configuration and send it to us.
>
> Good idea.  I had already tried it - unsuccessfully.

Now I also have Peter Allen's XF86Config-4.  He has a Voodoo 3 3000,
like me, but, unlike mine, it is operational.

The only differences are that mine supports 15 bit colour and 1152x864.

Taking these out makes no difference - startx fails the same way.

If you have someone who can have a look at this, I am happy to send that
person my XF86Config-4 and the full log from startx.

I have sent a report to the XF86 organisation, which has been
acknowledged, but no problem response yet.

--
Ron. [au]