I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this but, I think it is a
usability issue.

I now have 3 external removable storage devices, 1 acomdata 80 gig
firewire drive (dev1), 1 firewire enclosure with a 30gig drive in it
(dev2), and 1 usb smartmedia card reader (dev3).  I have all 3 working
fine with the latest cooker + some firewire cvs drivers (so the acomdata
drive gets recognized).

Problem:  when ever I plug a device in it become sda, and then add more
they becoe sdb,c......

say I have all 3 devices plugged in, then I have sda, sdb, and sdc.

problem is dev3 is fat (smartmedia card) dev1 has ext3 and fat32
partitions on it and dev2 has just one ext3 partition on it.

how do I set up fstab and I guess devfs so that no mater how many
devices  I have plugged in, and no matter what order they were plugged
in, all I have to do is type:

mount /mnt/smartmedia  -> dev3 mounts
mount /mnt/fire1      -> dev1 part1 mounts
mount /mnt/fire2     -> dev1 part2 mounts
mount /mnt/fire3   -> dev2 part1 mounts