Silvan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm _not_ keeping up with Cooker and the latest betas, due to a small pipe.
>
> However, I've had someone send me the mkinitrd from a recent beta (pre RC1)
> and it seems this still hasn't been addressed.
>
> if [ "$rootfs" != "ext3" -a -z "$rootfsopts" -a -n "$ifneeded" -a -z
> "$MODULES" -a -z "$splash" ]; then
>     if [ -n "$verbose" ]; then
>         echo "Rootfs is not ext3, there is no rootfs special options, and"
>         echo "no modules are needed -- not building initrd image."
>     fi
>     exit 0
> fi
>
> This assumes that if the rootfs is ext3 then an initrd is needed.  Presumably
> because Mandrake patched ext3 into kernels long before it got incorporated at
> or around 2.4.15, and you assume that if ext3 exists it's because the user is
> using one of your kernels, and that it was compiled with ext3 as a module.
> Looks to me like this hard coding for ext3 was a quick kludge which has
> outlived its usefulness.

No it's because ext3 FS is compatible with ext2 FS so as there is
no standard way to tell the kernel which FS to use for rootFS, we
need to manually mount ext3 in the initrd and pivot_root.

But anyway of course we assume you're using our kernel. We don't
support your kernel if you use XFS for rootfs with XFS as
built-in, for example, just as for ext3.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://www.frozen-bubble.org/