I applied the patches you mentioned below . One of the two patches from
netraverse fails in two files (don't remember which patch failed and
which files were affected). After analyzing the <filename>.c.rej-files,
I made the supposed changes by hand. They should have added a
include-statement (like the one in kernel/sched.c below).

I could send a patched version of the netraverse-patches that apply
cleanly to kernel-source-2.4.18-6mdk if you like.

Regrard, Uwe