----- Original Message -----
From: David Walluck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Hoyt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 4:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Cooker] menudrake, crossover and kde3

> On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Hoyt wrote:
>
> > > MandrakeSoft
> > >

> > And second . . .?
> >
> > Hoyt
>
> There is no 'second' the implied second is "First wait, before
> complaining".

Dave, look at Frédéric's  punctuation and rethink your own poorly phrased
scolding.  Because of language problems, this list has more than its share
of difficulty with implied comments. We should all try to communicate
clearly. If we are too informal and too careless, we risk mis-communicating.
I try and cut struggling non-native English speakers some slack, but
Frédéric seems to have a pretty good command of the language. I haven't read
enough of yours to form an opinion.

> The second is the complaining you are doing.

What? Me complain?
It's not me complaining, Dave.

Even Frédéric got the joke. 8)

My understanding of this topic is that there is a problem in how Codeweavers
Crossover deals with the Mandrake-ized KDE3 menuing system. While it might
make sense to wait until Mandrake finalized the KDE3 menu usage, the
original poster just wanted to know _how_ the Mandrake menus worked. (I also
misunderstood the original question -- look at my reply.) Obviously, the
original questioner wants to be prepared in his knowledge of the menu system
so that he could investigate possible solutions while Mandrake was
finalizing KDE3 menus. What if the problem actually turned out to be a bug
in Mandrake/KDE3 menus that was not obvious unless you interacted in a
certain way? Wouldn't it make more sense to fix that during the development
phase that later? And the guy is _volunteering_ to help if only he could be
pointed to some document to help him understand.

I do have a complaint, though, now that you've prompted me, Dave. People on
this list have become too sensitive to criticism of any kind. Read and
respond politely to the constructive criticism; ignore the rest. That would
eliminate a lot of the noise and aggravation. Let's get back to work.

--

Hoyt