Hello. Since apt-get no longer works (files used by apt-get aren't
updated anymore), I am forced to use urpmi for "auto"-updating. In
general it's ok, but there are a couple of major problems:

1) urpmi deletes downloaded packages that are not installed. This
   seems to occur when the application is started - any packages not
   to be installed will be removed. This is extremely annoying, for
   example in this scenario:
   - start urpmi --auto-select
   - stop process after downloading 200 MB
   - start urpmi <somepackage>
   - start urpmi --auto-select => downloading starts from the
     beginning

  Packages should be deleted only if they are obsolete (i.e older than
  installed) or installed. The best solution, used by apt-get is not
  to delete anything automatically, with a command by the user to
  flush when desired.

2) urpmi often fails with dependencies. For example I just upgraded
   openssh. "urpmi openssh' failed with a dependency on an old version
   of openssh-askpass. I had to manually specify it. This was extra
   annoying since I got the original failure after downloading 50 MB
   rpms which weren't installed due to the failed dependencies, and
   subsequently deleted as described in issue #1.

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
        Idaho state law makes it illegal for a man to give his sweetheart